I had a friend and co-worker having babies and I wanted to create a couple cute cards to send along with the receiving blankets that I made for each person. After seeing loads of “Triple Cube Pop-Up” fun fold card designs I thought “wow, that looks difficult”. OMGosh was I wrong. I finally watched a video and found it is so easy I couldn’t believe it. Woohoo!
The first card was for a baby girl, so I went with a light purple and Gingham Gala printed paper (vintage 2019 Occasions catalog) and the adorable Lamb from the Springtime Joy stamp set (2021 Jan-Jun Mini Catalog). I forgot to take a closed picture, when it’s folded up it says “BABY”
The second baby card was for my co-worker who were not finding out if they were having a boy or girl. I used the Gingham Gala Printed Paper again, selecting gender neutral colors. I wanted to create a difference design for each card. Digging in my stamp “stash” I found the Welcome Baby stamp set (2020 Jan – Jun catalog). OMGosh!!! I love this to “A,B,C & D” and back.
I couldn’t find the exact video I watched (I was clicking around and didn’t save it). Here are the measurements for the cardstock base you start with.
- 8″ x 8-1/4″
- Along 8’1/4″ edge score down at 2″, 4″ and 8″
- Turn 90 degrees and cut two strips at 2″ and 4″ (they will be 2″ x 8-1/4″).
Viola! These are the three cubes for the Triple Cube Pop-up Card. I may record a short video showing just how quick and easy the base of this card is. All the layers and embellishments are what take these fun fold cards over-the-top!
Below is a list of the items I used to create these adorable Triple Cube Pop-Up Card designs. If you’d like to create this design you can click here to shop my online store.
- STAMPS: Springtime Joy, Welcome Baby (vintage 2020 Jan-Jun catalog)
- CARDSTOCK: Purple Posy, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Printed Paper–Gingham Gala for both (vintage 2019 Occasions Catalog)
- INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Balmy Blue
- BLENDS MARKERS: Highland Heather Duo, Daffodil Delight Duo, Poppy Parade Duo, Granny Apple Green Duo, Balmy Blue Duo, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie Light
- TOOLS: Dies–Stitched Rectangles, Typeset Alphabet Bigz (vintage) (any large die letter will do)
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you will give this fun fold card a try. Both of these Welcome Baby, Triple Cube Pop-Up cards were a hit as well as the over-sized receiving blankets. Yay!
Sparkly Hugs, Carol