Happy TGIF stampers! I completed an order for 50 bridal shower invitations this last week and got them in the mail on Tuesday. Woohoo!!! I love the clean and simple, but elegant design of this invitation. I just couldn’t get the subtle shimmer on the skirt to photograph well, but it is very shimmery in person. Lol!
- I started with a Whisper White base that I scored and folded.
- I made a template to cut the dress silhouette shape. After scoring and folding the base in half I cut the dress silhouette shapes.
- Next I spritzed the skirt with a mixture of Frost White Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. Making sure to let them dry completely so the paper didn’t ripple. TIP: I used a mixture of 24 drops of shimmer paint to 2 ounces of rubbing alcohol.
- I made a second template for the bodice shape. Next I cut the shape from strips of (vintage) Bride Specialty Designer Series Paper that I’d kept in “my stash” for just such an occasion. Lol! (I still have more) Then I layered it onto the dress silhouette base. Not only does it have a beautiful swirly pattern it has shine to it as well.
- For the fabulously sparkly waistband I layered an 1/8″ strip of Silver Glimmer paper onto a scant 1/4″ strip of Silver Foil paper. Next I cut to length and layered onto card base.
- Finally, I thought long and hard on this, but in the end I decided to emboss the You’re Invited in Silver to give it an extra bit of elegance. I felt it added an additional subtle elegant touch. I did break out my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure I placed it straight and in the same position each time. I would normally free-hand this but my “Type-A” got the better of me. Lol!
Below is the inside of the invitation. I did “white out” the names to protect the innocent. Lol! As you can see the “invitation” text is centered and sized to fit just within the skirt shape, which I printed on my printer at home. AND when you open the invitation you’re still getting a bit of shine from the embossed You’re Invited. I love receiving your comments and hope you have a great pre-4th of July weekend!
- STAMP: Sincere Salutations (vintage)
- PAPER: Whisper White, Bride Specialty Designer Series Paper (vintage), Silver Glimmer, Silver Foil
- INK: Versamark
- MISC.: Silver Embossing Powder, Frost White Shimmer paint
Sparkly Hugs, Carol
The 2014-2015 Annual Catalog is here!! It’s packed with fun trendy products and quick kits! Get your lists ready and click on the “shop on line” button above to place your order today!
With our personalized stamps you can create a cool address label or even use it for everything from marking your territory on books or other belongings to having a fun way to give a personal touch to gifts and goodies. CLICK HERE for a PDF of the flyer.
Need some cards quick? Stampin’ Up! has a variety of kits that allow you to create cards or gift items, all you need is adhesive and you’re all set. Click on the “shop on line” button above then click on “kits” then “card kits” to check them out!
Make your own stamp! New Undefined stamp carving kit. Available now! CLICK HERE for the PDF.