You just never know where inspiration will strike. I was visiting a local craft store and a came across an Easter Chick sample using a couple die sets from the company Taylored Expressions. I thought it was super cute and knew I wanted and would (gosh darn it! Lol!) to recreate the pocket and chick with my Stampin’ Up! tools!
CARD BASE: It is one of the fun cards we made in March’s Card Class this weekend. Everyone LOVED it! It is a pull out gift card holder as well. It started with a Pear Pizzazz base die cut with the Scallop Oval from the Ovals Collection Framelits. Then topped with a Old Olive Regular Oval also from the Ovals Collection Framelits. [TIP: Slide the card base’s top fold down about three scallops before running through the Big Shot. This will leave part of the fold so the card can stand up.]
FOCAL POINT: Well…..it’s the adorable chick of course. Lol! Below is a list of the chick parts and tools used:
- Wings | Bigz L Bouquet (small leave)
- Feet & Hair Tuft (on pocket) | Blossom Bunch Punch
- Belly | Balloon Bouquet Punch
- Beak & Eyes | Owl Builder Punch
- Pull-out Tag | Tag Topper Punch (vintage–but could be cut by hand)
The adorable hair tuft on the pull-out card is Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine. I just love that is also look like hair and doubles as the handle to pull out the slider. LOVE IT!!!
Can you believe it??? I actually remembered to take a picture showing the measurements, scoring lines and die cutting. Woohoo!!! This took me a little while to get just what I was looking for. The trick was using the Envelope Punch Board after scoring the 2-1/8″ line. This gave enough relief to slide the Lots of Labels die onto the top half and run through the Big Shot. A major happy chair dance ensued once this was completed. [smile]
I hope you enjoyed this super cute Easter Chick. EEK! I am so happy I took the time the break it down and recreate it. It makes me smile every time I see it.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a great Monday. Happy punching and die cutting until next time. Lol!
- STAMP: Teeny Tiny Wishes
- PAPER: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
- INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
- ACCESSORIES: Punches–Balloon Bouquet (belly), Blossom Bunch (feet & hair), Owl Builder (eyes & beak), Tag Topper (vintage) | Bigz L Die–Bouquet (wings) | Framelits–Ovals Collection, Lots of Labels | Envelope Punch Board | Stampin’ Trimmer | Baker’s Twine–Crushed Curry
Sparly Hugs, Carol