Today’s share is the second card we created in my June Stamping Saturday Class. I’m calling it my Stamparatus Hello Friend Goldfish. [Giggles] If you haven’t heard Stampin’ Up! has created the Stamparatus and it’s now available in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog. Woohoo!
You might be thinking……”What is a Stamparatus and why do I need one?” Oh boy, let me share my excitement with you. The Stamparatus is The Best stamp positioning tool on the market! It allows you to stamp an image multiple times in the exact same place each time. OMGosh……Yes! It also works great with multiple step stamping sets! AND the plates are easily reversible so you have 4 surfaces to place your stamps. Woohoo!
When I was ready to begin designing for this project I did some research on the internet and found a cute video by Susan Levasseur showing how to create a template that let’s you stamp “wreath” style designs with ease. Woohoo! [I set up my template using a 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ square]
My inspiration came from a fun design I came across on Pinterest by Susan Horr. You can check it out here. I was drawn to the bright colors she used. After a bit of trial and not necessarily errors I used this lovely color combination.
1) The base starts with Bermuda Bay layered with Silver Foil and Whisper White squares.
[TIP: You need to cut both circles from the Silver Foil Square before adhering it. It awesome when you get more bang for your buck!]
2) The large circle was punched into the Silver Foil square as far in as possible with a 2-1/4″ Circle punch. Then the 1-3/8″ Silver Foil circle was punched from the center of the 2-1/4″ circle. [TIP: The large circle will look like a donut.]
3) Stamp the images from the Jar of Love (Goldfish) and Eastern Beauty (Bubble Circles, Hello & Corner Dots) onto Whisper White using Mango Melody and Pool Party inks. [TIP: Ink Spots work best when using smaller images.]
4) Cut the “hello” circle using the Layering Circle Framelits.
5) Stamp “Friend” from the Jar of Love stamp set on a scrap of Whisper White with Bermuda Bay ink. Punch out with a 1-1/4″ Circle punch.
6) Adhere the Silver Foil and Whisper White squares to the Bermuda Bay base.
7) Adhere the Whisper White circles onto their accompanying Silver Foil circles.
8) Apply the large and small layered circles with Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed today’s Stamparatus Hello Friend Goldfish card. AND you are inspired to get your hands inky. [grin]
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day.
- STAMPS: Jar of Love, Eastern Beauty, Tabs for Everything
- PAPER: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Silver Foil
- INK: Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody, Pool Party
- ACCESSORIES: Stamparatus | Punches–1-1/4″ & 1-3/8″ Circles | Framelits–Layering Circles
Sparkly Hugs, Carol